Sunday, May 14, 2006

Alva "Al" Gaylord



I apologize for the lapse, just found out that a family member's brother in law was killed in Iraq on May 5th.

Alva "Al" Gaylord belonged to the 110th Engineer Battalion, Missouri Army National Guard. He died of injuries sustained when a roadside bomb detonated near his RG-31 Mine Protected Vehicle during a combat clearing operation in Qasr Ar Riyy, Iraq. He was 25 years old and from Carrollton, Missouri.

For those of you in the area I will post visitation and funeral information as soon as I receive details.

Please keep his family and friends in your prayers.
Alva "Al" Gaylord

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I will certainly keep that family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

The family of Alva Gaylord is most definetly in my prayers. Is there a way to get some cards to them?

proud fan said...

If anyone would like to send a card to Alva's family, they can send them through me and I will get the cards to his sister, she is married to my husband's cousin.

Anonymous said...

this is pfc gaylord sister
saying thanks to everyone who has sent cards, flowers, etc.....

we really appreciate the support
it has been really hard

if anyone would like to email me
my email is bratchild_21_2002@yahoo.com

i feel for his two little girls they are going through hell
their mother's new husband is an asshole excuss the language but that is what i think

well hope to hear from yall soon

proud fan said...

Ida -- I am so glad you came by the blog sweety. We were so sorry to hear about Al. I know this is a difficult time for you all. We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers,
~Tabby