2-136 BearCat Soldier on patrol in Iraq, photo courtesy of Redbull Web.
The following info is courtesy of the BearCat Bugle, a newsletter of the 2nd of the 136 Combined Arms Battalion, 1/34th BCT
Check out some of the ways that the presence of our troops is making a difference in Iraq!
• They have discovered and destroyed 10 weapons caches.
• They have captured over 30 insurgents and sent a majority of them to the Regional Detainment Facility.
• They have broken up two insurgent cells operating in their AO
• They have broken up a kidnapping ring.
• They have ambushed 3 IED teams as they attempted to place their cowardly weapons against their task force.
• They have logged over 450 combat patrols in their sector.
• They have virtually shut down all IDF coming into their camp.
• They have kept Rte Long Island clear of IEDs for one solid Month.
• They have started two school projects.
• They have started two community clean-up projects.
• Their mechanics have serviced or repaired over 600 vehicles.
• They have cleared through our ECPs over 27,000 vehicles with no incidents!
• Their Docs have treated more than 1,500 patients at the BAS.
• Their towers have successfully defended against indirect and direct fire attacks.
• They have gone the past two months with zero vehicle accidents.
• They have provided intelligence that has resulted in missions in other sectors against high-ranking insurgents.
As you can see by the list above—they are making a positive difference. We often hear about all of the bad things happening in Iraq - but there are good things happening as well, and our men and women are getting some great things accomplished. They need to be recognized for the good things that they are doing.