Saturday, July 01, 2006

Site of the Week

Considering that this is the weekend that most people will be celebrating Independence Day, I wanted to share some things that seemed relevant. This site I found while websurfing is one of them I deemed worthwhile.
The Site of the Week is none other than
http://www.holidays.net/independence/

Remember while enjoying your holiday that we are only able to celebrate it because of our military and their commitment to this great United States of America. Why not do something this weekend to give back -- donate your time as a volunteer at a military hospital or Veteran's home, honor the fallen and their families by joining up with the Patriot Guard Riders on a mission near you, send cards and letters to our troops overseas to show your support, donate to worthy causes such as the Wounded Warrior Project, the Semper Fi Fund, or Soldiers Angels... Let's not forget the original heroes who founded this country and provided us with the foundation for a free America, and let's not forget those who continue to fight today to keep America secure.
Have a safe and fun weekend!

2 comments:

Bushwack said...

A great site you have here. I found this from Big White Hats blog,
You have just got yourself a link on my site (Hold down the celebration please.)
It is a very noble thing you are doing and I'll share this site with my military friends (I am not in the military either but I support them whole heartedly)

proud fan said...

Hey there! Thanks for the link - all support is appreciated! I appreciate your comment and hope you will be a frequent visitor to my site - our troops need all of our support! Pass the word on!